• FIERO National Design Symposium & National Design Competition held in Raleigh, NC awards LEA Architects an Honor Design Excellence Award for Sedona Station 6 – 2015
• 35th Annual Arizona Forward awards LEA Architects a Design Excellence Environmental Merit Award for El Mirage Administration & Fire Station in the Building & Structures Civic Category – 2015
LEA Architects Design Principal Larry Enyart, FAIA, FSAME, LEED Fellow was honored 12 Feb 15 at the Phoenix Convention Center with a USGBC AZ Heavy Medal Award for his USGBC LEED Fellowship Investiture and Environmental/Sustainable Design as an Architect by the National USGBC. Larry Enyart, FAIA is the first Architect USGBC Fellow in the State of AZ. LEA Architects have received numerous Heavy Medal Awards previously LEED Platinum and LEED Gold projects in Scottsdale, Phoenix, Tolleson, and the Grand Canyon National Park Airport.
At the annual 43rd Awards Luncheon in Sedona, AZ on 24 Jan 15, LEA Architects and our Clients are honored and win the prestigious Keep Sedona Beautiful Architecture Award for outstanding Architectural & Environmentally Sensitive Design for Sedona Fire District Station 6. LEA Architects Larry Enyart, FAIA, LEED Fellow and Lance Enyart, AIA, LEED AP attended and were recognized at the Awards program.
For over 40 years LEA Architects has employed sustainable design strategies that directly respond to the local context and natural environment. Our design solutions are focused on energy and water conservation and promote healthy environments for our clients and building occupants. Our projects look beyond developing architecture for singular buildings and strive for a greater connection to the surrounding natural and built environment as a whole. We employ practical passive and active sustainable design solutions and work collaboratively with our team of engineering consultants to maximize sustainability and minimize environmental impact and life cycle operational building costs for our clients. LEA Architects has numerous LEED accredited professionals on staff and is a member of several environmental organizations including the USGBC, Valley Forward and Coconino County Sustainable Building Program. LEA continually works with communities and government organizations in advancing the principals of sustainability. LEA has participated at the local and national level to promote the principles of sustainable design and construction.
• We recycle consumables, reduce waste and practice energy reduction when possible
• We developed a recycling program
• We utilize a formal energy management system
• We are a member of various environmental organizations
• We have a company-wide Recycling Program
• Our Director of Sustainability initiates and supports sustainability efforts
• We are recognized by peers and environmental organizations for providing leadership in sustainability
• We combine deliveries with customer visits
• We consolidate deliveries
• We utilize electronic communications and electronic transfer of documents. E-mail, fax and Portable Document Format (PDF)
• We use eco-friendly courier’s packaging/shipping materials that include post-consumer waste recycled materials and are recyclable
• Our packaging and shipping materials are reused until they eventually get recycled
• We update mailing lists to minimize unwanted mailings
• We specify products that can be purchased within a 500 mile radius of the delivery location
• We encourage carpooling, public transportation, and using other alternative modes of transportation
• We utilize teleconference, video conference, WebEx or GoTo Meetings
• We own electric, hybrid, or E-85 fueled vehicles
• We apply environmental criteria when making purchasing decisions.
• We purchase “green” (recyclable, reusable, non-toxic, bio-degradable, and made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials) supplies, products and materials.
• We specify sustainable products and or locally manufactured products
• We partner with sustainable suppliers or utilize suppliers who share in the sustainability commitment
• Our Director of Sustainability is researching industry best procurement practices
• We use Green Seal/ Eco Logo certified and eco-friendly cleaning products
• We participate in and support community service for many charity and community organizations including but not limited to: Phoenix Art Museum Mens Art Council, Greening of Tolleson, Desert Botanical Gardens, Camelback Bible Church, participate in hosting tours of LEA sustainable projects for school children and many more.